Makeup for a Rainy Day
Ever had an amazing time putting makeup on in the morning but step outside in the middle of a downpour just to have it all smeared? Don’t worry, Studio Brow would like to provide some tips on how to avoid ruining makeup on rainy days.
Some of the best ways are with:
- Concealer mixed with Origins GinZing Eye Cream
- Waterproof Mascara
- Tinted moisturizer and powder
- Lipstick (because wind plus sticky lip gloss plus hair flying all over the place equals messy)
Primer mixed with foundation is helpful in the rain, along with curled lashes, tubing mascara, blush and powder. If not, use an oil-absorbing primer.
Choose powders over crèmes. Generally, powders have a better chance of absorbing oil and moisture. Most crèmes don’t. Mineral powders really do their job on rainy days, as they are water-resistant while maintaining the kind of medium coverage that’s needed in everyday makeup.
Opt for waterproof mascara. This may be more difficult to remove than your regular mascara, but it keeps you from getting those nasty black streaks under the eyes. And while you’re at it, pick for yourself waterproof eyeliner, as well, to make sure your eye makeup stays in place.
Wear the smallest amount of makeup possible if you are planning to go outdoors on rainy days. But if you have to wear eyeshadow, pat on some concealer to make the powder adhere to your lids.
Don’t forget to use waterproof mascara to prevent unsightly raccoon eyes. For blush, a cream or liquid formula is best, as long as you apply it before setting your foundation with powder. A slight swipe of powder will make the color refuse to budge, resulting in streaky cheeks.
However, waterproof makeup should not be used on a regular basis.
Never use waterproof makeup every day. At the most, use it twice a week because prolonged use of waterproof makeup can darken your skin, especially delicate areas like your lips.
Waterproof makeup strips the skin of moisture. For instance, waterproof mascara can make eyelashes brittle and silicone can dry out your skin, so always moisturize properly and remove all traces of makeup afterwards.
Also, disregard makeup when you don’t really need it. While it sounds like common sense to avoid using makeup in places such as the beach or while doing water sports, you’ll be surprised at the number of people who insist on using mascara, concealer and blush when they know they’re going to get drenched anyway.
How to fix rain-smeared makeup
Don’t spend your entire lunch break fixing your makeup. If the rain made you look like a mess, here is what you can do for a quick cleanup:
Runny mascara – First of all, don’t forget to use waterproof mascara if the weather looks overcast. Too late for that! With your ring finger, gently wipe away the smears (it should be easy enough to remove) and pat on some concealer and pressed powder over any smears that refuse to budge.
Streaky blush – Do not attempt to fix your blush by piling on more and more powder; it’ll only make the streakiness more obvious. Instead, wipe away the original layer with tissue and start anew.
Smeared eye shadow – With a sponge, blend the smeared portions so they don’t look like weird splashes of color on your lids. Then using a brush or your fingers, lightly dot fresh eye shadow onto your lids. Try to use neutral colors like cream, brown or pale pink so any mistakes will be minimized.
Caked powder – Pat, not rub, a piece of tissue over your skin. Then with a fluffy brush, swipe powder over key areas such as your T-zone. Avoid using a used powder puff, as this might contain oil deposits.
- Beginning at the base it is worth mentioning that often the main cause of smudging is the excessive foundation use. Those who find it indispensable might still use a thin coat of it however it should be preferably water resistant. Moreover choose the right shade that’s closer to your natural skin tone.
- Powder will prove to be the best tool to offer a slight shimmer and mask the beauty flaws at the same time. This will stick to your complexion rather than any kind of foundation. It will require a quick touch up during the day, however it guarantees the spotless effect.
- Those who have a great complexion should totally eliminate this product of the daily makeup list, instead it is more advisable to use a concealer than to apply a sheer powder.
- Rain immediately means waterproof mascara. Since a normal mascara would quickly smudge when in contact with humidity it is recommended to use a special formula that will resist the extreme weather conditions.
- It is a well-known fact that these products can’t be washed off so easily. However with the use of the proper makeup removers this problem will be also ruled out.
- Makeup artists also recommend switching the dark eye shadows with the more natural and sheer colors preferably also with a waterproof quality. The colors of the season offer endless options to look great even if the weather outside is gloomy.
- It is a common mistake that ladies seem to commit during each monsoon season. Namely that they use a blush with an inappropriate texture. The rainy days scream for complex compositions, that’s why it is a golden rule that when sporting a monsoon-proof makeup we should choose a mousse or cream blush that can resist the impact of humidity.
- The makeup gurus often neglect the use of blush during the fall season instead practice a smashing trick. They use a bit of lipstick you can spread with your fingernails and the effect is just as gorgeous as with the use of blush.
- Lip gloss is the top notch no-no beauty product of the monsoon season. It might get in contact with humidity which can result in smudging and at least said unflattering look. That’s why you should rather rely on high quality lipstick that will fabulously top your makeup. There are several formulas and brands on the market that guarantee a long-lasting effect.
- Make sure you test it beforehand in order to avoid any lip makeup accidents. You can either go for the blood red lips effect or rather for the classy and natural makeup trends. Choose the one you can pull off with great style in order to perfect your monsoon look.
-More coming soon from Studio Brow-