Sweets for a Sweet Tooth
By Gunner Glam
When Studio Brow welcomes people to our stores, we like everyone to feel comforted and be serviced in a place like no other.
One way to feel even more comforted is, well, with comfort foods.
Sweetness is one of the five basic tastes and is almost universally regarded as a pleasurable experience.
The chemosensory basis for detecting sweetness, which varies among both individuals and species, has only been teased apart in recent years.
A recent theoretical model of sweetness is the multipoint attachment theory, which involves multiple binding sites between a sweetness receptor and a sweet substance.
Studies indicate that responsiveness to sugars and sweetness has very ancient evolutionary beginnings.
Sweetness appears to have the highest taste recognition threshold, being detectable at around one part in 200 of sucrose in solution.
In the natural settings that human primate ancestors evolved in, sweetness intensity should indicate energy density.
The high sweetness detection threshold would have predisposed our primate ancestors to seek out sweet-tasting (and energy-dense) foods.
The ‘sweet tooth’ thus has an ancient evolutionary heritage, and while food processing has changed consumption patterns, human physiology remains largely unchanged.
We know everyone has a sweet tooth, so we wanted to share some of the best goodies for all you sweet readers 😉
- *Sugar cupcakes; red velvet, hostess, chocolate frosted with sprinkles and vanilla, to name only a few.
- Macaroons of all different colors.
- Cinnamon bread fresh from the toaster
- French toast and syrup to start the day off sweet
- Laffy taffy for those funny moments
- Chocolate covered gummy bears
- Sweet or sour jelly beans
- Cookie dough ice cream
- Peanut butter explosion cake
- Banana split sundae on Monday, Tuesday and everyday
- Smore bars for everywhere, not just around the campfire
- Rice crispy treats, snap, crackly and pop your way to goodness
- Box of chocolates, like life, you never what you’re going to get
- English toffee, not only proper but tasty as well
-More coming soon from Studio Brow-
This entry was posted on June 1, 2012 by Studio Brow: The Cosmetic Ultralounge. It was filed under Uncategorized and was tagged with chocolate covered gummy bears, cookie dough ice cream, dessert, food, human primate, primate ancestors.