The Book Was Better (or not)
By Gunner Glam
From to time, there are films made that are based on award-winning novels and short stories which inspire instant fan following because of the original source material, character interest and so on.
Due to the differences between the written work and the adapted screenplays, such as cutting out many key points of the stories, many book adaptations have not fared well with fans.
On the other hand, there have been films made which have exceeded the expectations of the fans and have agreed the movies are actually better than the books.
Studio Brow would like to share the top 10 books that were better than their film adaptations, and the top 10 films that were better than the books they were based off of according to Listopia.
The book was better:
- Harry Potter (Harry Potter, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6) by J.K. Rowling
- The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown
- Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer
- Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1) by Christopher Paolini
- Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
- The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries, #1) by Meg Cabot
- The Golden Compass (His Dark Materials, #1) by Philip Pullman
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine (Goodreads Author)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The movie was better:
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- The Notebook By Nicholas Sparks (Goodreads Author)
- The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
- The Lord of the Rings (The Lord of the Rings, #1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman (Goodreads Author)
- Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
- Bridget Jones’s Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding
- Forrest Gump by Winston Groom
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2) by C.S. Lewis
- A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks (Goodreads Author)
Do you agree? Leave us a comment below and don’t forget to Like us on Facebook.com/Studiobrow. =)
-More coming soon from Studio Brow-